Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Tom Caljon <tc...@xmt.be> on 2001/12/18 12:54:57 UTC

asynchronous calls and more

Hi,

We need :
  - a rpc server that supports asynchronous calls.  Preferably written
in Java so that we can easily use JMS
     The rpc server should support multiple asynchronous calls all at
the same time (so that clients don't continuously have to poll for new
messages)
  - a number of rpc clients that are capable of working with this rpc
server, sometimes performing asynchronous calls
     We would like to have C++ (and C) clients for Windows and Linux
Is the apache soap server capable of this, and do such clients exist?
If not, does anyone have any pointers to software that is?

The apache xmlrpc server/client support asynchrounous calls.  Writing a
C++ xmlrpc library (which we did) is a hell of a lot easier than a soap
library, so what would be the main reasons not to prefer xmlrpc over soap?

thanks a lot,
Tom

Re: asynchronous calls and more

Posted by Graham Glass <gr...@mindspring.com>.
hi tom,

GLUE 2.0 includes the functionality that you're looking for, and allows
you to leverage JMS for both sync and async reliable, guaranteed delivery.

hope this helps,

cheers,
graham

http://www.themindelectric.com

Posted by Tom Caljon <tc...@xmt.be>.
Hi Anne,

thank you for the information.
I guess we will have to stick to xmlrpc for the time being then

cheers,
Tom

Posted by Tom Caljon <tc...@xmt.be>.
Hi Anne,