Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by DEMBLANS Mathieu <de...@mipih.fr> on 2022/10/04 15:13:29 UTC

FQDN and uridnsbl

Hello,
SpamAssassin version 3.4.6 With postfix 3.4.14 on debian 10.12
SpamAssassin version 3.4.2 With postfix 3.4.2 on debian 10.3

As it is written in the Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_URIDNSBL doc and confirmed by some tests, when a check is done with uridnsbl, only the domain is requested not the complete FQDN (rhsbl_zone).
For example if I want to test abc.domain.com it will only request domain.com .
My problem is that for phishing url search on surbl.org it doesn't find it.
On a real test for btinternet-100730.square.site, which is in the surbl.org PH list, spamassassin do a dns request for square.site.multi.surbl.org. that can't be find.
If I test manually btinternet-100730.square.site.surbl.org. the response is good (127.0.0.8).
So it probably never find anything in this kind of list.
Is there any thing to do to make it work correctly ?

Mat

Re: FQDN and uridnsbl

Posted by Henrik K <he...@hege.li>.
On Tue, Oct 04, 2022 at 03:47:02PM +0000, DEMBLANS Mathieu wrote:
> Not sure about this solution.
> The problem is for all sites listed in surbl.org, not specifically square.site and its subdomains.

I gave you a workaround for single domains for 3.4.

I also told you it's already fully solved, but you have to wait for debian 4.0.0 or install manually:

> Upcoming 4.0 already supports tflags notrim, which will query the full host from surbl and other lists that support it.

Those are the choices.

Re: FQDN and uridnsbl

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 04.10.22 15:47, DEMBLANS Mathieu wrote:
>Not sure about this solution.
>The problem is for all sites listed in surbl.org, not specifically square.site and its subdomains.

the tflags applies to a spamassassin rule, not specific domain:

/var/lib/spamassassin/4.000000/updates_spamassassin_org/25_uribl.cf:#tflags          URIBL_SC_SURBL  net notrim
/var/lib/spamassassin/4.000000/updates_spamassassin_org/25_uribl.cf:tflags          URIBL_WS_SURBL  net notrim
/var/lib/spamassassin/4.000000/updates_spamassassin_org/25_uribl.cf:tflags          URIBL_PH_SURBL  net notrim
/var/lib/spamassassin/4.000000/updates_spamassassin_org/25_uribl.cf:tflags          URIBL_MW_SURBL  net notrim
/var/lib/spamassassin/4.000000/updates_spamassassin_org/25_uribl.cf:tflags          URIBL_CR_SURBL  net notrim
/var/lib/spamassassin/4.000000/updates_spamassassin_org/25_uribl.cf:#tflags          URIBL_AB_SURBL  net notrim
/var/lib/spamassassin/4.000000/updates_spamassassin_org/25_uribl.cf:tflags          URIBL_ABUSE_SURBL  net notrim
/var/lib/spamassassin/4.000000/updates_spamassassin_org/25_uribl.cf:tflags          SURBL_BLOCKED   net noautolearn notrim

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity...

RE: FQDN and uridnsbl

Posted by DEMBLANS Mathieu <de...@mipih.fr>.

Re: FQDN and uridnsbl

Posted by Henrik K <he...@hege.li>.