Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Dmitriy Vsekhvalnov <dv...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/09 09:36:38 UTC

[Ann]: Experimental generic web ui for kafka. open source, maintainers wanted.

Good time of the day everyone,

I hope it is an appropriate mailing list, my apologies if not.

We'd like to make an announcement that we open sourced the web interface to
Kafka broker that allows view, search and examine what's going on on the
wire (messages, keys, e.t.c) from the browser (bye, bye CLI tools ;).

Project that we've been using internally during the last couple years and
it appeared to be quite handy as part of the developer tools arsenal.

As with many former hackathon projects we don't have enough time or
resources to maintain it or grow, but i'd be really happy to give it a
second chance as open source.

So if anybody from community interested, would like to welcome to github
project: https://github.com/dvsekhvalnov/k-ray

Regards and stay safe :)