Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by S <s....@gmail.com> on 2009/02/18 21:52:29 UTC

Whitelisting IP address based using org.apache.mina.filter.firewall.Subnet

Hi,
  I am trying to use a filter to filter out the IP addresses based on Subnet.
org.apache.mina.filter.firewall.Subnet has a implementation which
accepts CIDR based notation (192.168.0.1/24).
However, when trying to check the IP address in a given subnet, its
not giving the result as expected.
The network part of the IP address should be matched with the Subnet in CIDR.

Any thoughts about it?

--
Kind Regards,
Shafaq

Re: Whitelisting IP address based using org.apache.mina.filter.firewall.Subnet

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 9:52 PM, S <s....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am trying to use a filter to filter out the IP addresses based on Subnet.
> org.apache.mina.filter.firewall.Subnet has a implementation which
> accepts CIDR based notation (192.168.0.1/24).
> However, when trying to check the IP address in a given subnet, its
> not giving the result as expected.

Can you give an example of where is does not give the expected results?

/niklas