Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Lior Schachter <li...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/04 06:40:43 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Liminal (incubating) 0.0.3rc4-INCUBATING

Hi All,

We would like to vote on RC4 of version 0.0.3.

This version introduces out-of-the-box functionality to author and
execute ML workflows
(data-fetching-feature-engineering-training-inference) in the local
machine and in AWS using Airflow, Kubernetes and Spark.

Liminal community vote and result threads:
Vote:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r8871d3685fb85ffd8f767642b393eb0418430e02f9a3d0e13f3e802b%40%3Cdev.liminal.apache.org%3E

Result:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ra05372eed5c9ab5c3cf97c16ca93a33ffcc4b797cc341bf4ceaac079%40%3Cdev.liminal.apache.org%3E

Installation and testing instructions can be found in the README included.

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/liminal/0.0.3rc4-INCUBATING/

The tag to be voted on:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-liminal/releases/tag/0.0.3rc4-incubating

The SHA512 Checksum for these artifacts is:

ist/apache-liminal-0.0.3rc4-incubating.tar.gz:
237479C5 94E944C2 4CE800A4 4316C726 3C6503AD 35D21416 D1D375F1
29AFC6EA 2AA37732 DBD9923F DEB9995C F0148457 F298CB40 633CC653
71A7A3A4 9209A0B5

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/liminal/KEYS

For more information about the contents of this release,
see:https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/LIMINAL/versions/12349981

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Liminal 0.0.3-INCUBATING:

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Liminal 0.0.3
[ ] +0 No opinion

Lior Schachter

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Liminal (incubating) 0.0.3rc4-INCUBATING

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.
IMO regardless of whether or not you recreate rc4 or create rc5 all previous votes evaluated a prior package. I think you it's best to restart the VOTE on your dev list. Sorry, I know it’s not fun.

The point is that everyone has voted on the exact same artifacts. Voting on GitHub tags is a problem because they can be modified.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

I think it's fine to use RC4: as the vote is not complete on the
incubator mailing list, we can [CANCEL] RC4 and cut a new one.
It's what we are doing on TLP projects.

Regards
JB

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Lior,

no my point is that you should cancel RC4 and create a new vote based on
the same RC4 tag but with updated artifacts.

Sorry about that,
Regards
JB

Posted by Lior Schachter <li...@gmail.com>.
Thank you JB.

Posted by JB Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Lior Schachter <li...@gmail.com>.
Ok. Then canceling this one and starting a new iteration in the project
mailing list...

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Lior Schachter <li...@gmail.com>.