Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Lukas Kahwe Smith <ml...@pooteeweet.org> on 2012/01/09 11:11:13 UTC

improving lucene integration

Hi,

I am very happy with Jackrabbit overall, but I dearly miss many Lucene/Solr features, especially facetting (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3134) and search time field boosting (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3204). For facetting I actually think this should be added to JSR-333 (http://java.net/projects/jsr-333/lists/dev/archive/2011-12/message/3) with possible inspiration from the HippoCMS version of Jackrabbit. Search time boosting however probably would be beyond the scope of the JCR spec.

Now the question I have is if there is any recommendation on how to best get such a feature added if I myself do not have the expertise to make it happen. Have there been "bounties" collected for features in the past in Jackrabbit. Or are there other Apache projects that have worked with bounties?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org