Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM> on 2007/10/05 22:54:17 UTC

Re: CHALLENGE org.apache.jdo.tck.lifecycle.StateTransitionsReturnedObjects.java

Hi Ilan,

I've checked in changes for all the challenges to the 2.0.1 branch.
Please let me know if there are any problems with the fixes.

-- Michelle

Re: Adjusting Extent to Java 5.0

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Ilan,

Great idea. Would you mind updating the JIRA?

Craig

On Oct 6, 2007, at 10:05 AM, Ilan Kirsh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It might make sense to update Extent:
>
> public interface Extent<E> extends Iterable<E> {
>     :
>     :
> }
>
> and in PersistenceManager:
>
> Extent<T> getExtent (Class<T> cls, boolean subclasses);
> Extent<T> getExtent (Class<T> cls);
>
> This way, iteration over all the instances of a class could be
> simplified:
>
> for (Person person : pm.getExtent(Person.class))
>     System.out.println(person.getName());
>
> Ilan Kirsh
> ObjectDB Software
> http://www.objectdb.com

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Explicit datastore lock method

Posted by Ilan Kirsh <ki...@objectdb.com>.
Hi,

I wonder why an explicit lock method in the style of ODMG
is not supported by JDO.

The absense of UPGRADE lock mode makes it very difficult
to use automatic datastroe locking without deadlock problems.

Anyone else had this experience?

Ilan Kirsh
ObjectDB Software
http://www.objectdb.com

Adjusting Extent to Java 5.0

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
Very good. I've checked the fix into the trunk.

-- Michelle

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Ilan,