Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> on 2020/12/19 01:46:35 UTC

agenda new is broken

Symptom:

App 3560669 output: 2020-12-19 01:25:01 - NoMethodError - undefined
method `utc_to_local_returns_utc_offset_times' for
ActiveSupport:Module:
App 3560669 output:
/var/lib/gems/2.7.0/gems/activesupport-6.1.0/lib/active_support/values/time_zone.rb:514:in
`block in utc_to_local'

First the boring technical stuff.

ActiveSupport is a part of the Rails project.  It is huge, but it
allows you to only pull in what you need.  A new gem was pushed on the
8th of December:

https://rubygems.org/gems/activesupport/versions/6.1.0

My current theory is that "pull in only what you need" is broken with
this gem in that not everything needed is pulled in.  One quick fix
may be to pull in more than we theoretically need in order to get what
we actually do, in fact, need.

Now, for the longer range implications.

There is a distinct possibility that I will not run again for the
board once my term is up, and may go emeritus shortly thereafter.
I've been saying this for a long while, but future boards will either
need to develop a plan to support this tool, either that or migrate to
something else because at some point the tool will break.

- Sam Ruby

Re: agenda new is broken

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
That’s why Sam started a JavaScript rewrite of some of the tools. I think
that approach has the best chance for more maintainers. I’ve been able to
figure out the Ruby stuff before, but debugging it sometimes needs help
from the experts. :)

Re: agenda new is broken

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.