Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Mike Wenzel <mw...@proheris.de> on 2016/07/19 08:29:22 UTC

WebUI's Server don't work and JobHistoryServer missing

My cluster looks like:

Node1 - NameNode + ResourceManager
Node2 - SecondaryNameNode
Node3 - DataNode (+NodeManager)
Node4 - DataNode (+NodeManager)
Node5 - DataNode (+NodeManager)

http://node1:8088/cluster works.

My problems:
> SecondaryNamenode WebUI: http://node2:50090 doesn't work (ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE).
> Datanode WebUI: http://node3:50075 looks like there is something wrong: https://i.imgur.com/dbTxtkS.png
> Also I'm missing the JobHistory Server. Isn't the jobhistory server included in yarn? I tried accessing some URLs I found on the web declared as "default configuration" and always (ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE).
> When I run a mapreduce job the output still says: "uri to track the job is httpd://localhost:8080" and when I try to access any node on this port I get no data (ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE).

Unfortunately I couldn't get this problem solved. I only found a few guides setting yarn up. I tried them all and my situation only got worse when adding more properties on yarn-site.xml. E.g. the cluster overview-WebUI http://node1:8088/cluster didn't worked anymore when adding "yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.address" to yarn-site.xml.
Can anyone help me out configuring yarn correctly please?

My configuration:

core-site.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
    <value>file:///hdfs/tmp</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>fs.defaultFS</name>
    <value>hdfs://node1:54310</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

hdfs-site.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
<!-- NameNode configuration -->
  <property>
    <name>dfs.namenode.name.dir</name>
    <value>file:///hdfs/name</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.namenode.http-address</name>
    <value>node1:50070</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.namenode.checkpoint.dir</name>
    <value>file:///hdfs/checkpoint</value>
  </property>

<!-- SecondaryNameNode configuration -->
  <property>
    <name>dfs.namenode.secondary.http-address</name>
    <value>node2:50090</value>
  </property>

<!-- DataNode configuration -->
  <property>
    <name>dfs.datanode.data.dir</name>
    <value>file:///hdfs/data</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

yarn-site.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<!-- Site specific YARN configuration properties -->
<!-- RessourceManager configuration -->
  <property>
    <name>yarn.resourcemanager.hostname</name>
    <value>node1</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>yarn.resourcemanager.resource-tracker.address</name>
    <value>node1:8031</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.address</name>
    <value>node1:8030</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>yarn.resourcemanager.address</name>
    <value>node1:8032</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

masters
node2

slaves
node3
node4
node5

AW: WebUI's Server don't work and JobHistoryServer missing

Posted by Mike Wenzel <mw...@proheris.de>.
Hi Sunil,

first of all thanks for helping me out. I found one reason why I had strange behaviors which I couldn’t reproduce. I’m running two network interfaces on each node, and my /etc/hosts only configured all my nodes for a single network interface. Interfaces are in different networks and therefore no HTTP-Access for me. After cleaning this mess up, my problems seem to be sortable in a clean order.

I know the yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.address property. Due to my network misconfiguration a bunch of properties didn’t worked as expected.

You were right regarding JobHistoryServer / Proxyserver / Timelineserver. I read this guide so often, that I obviously overlooked important parts. After starting my JobHistory Server I had a bunch of new ways to track things on WebUIs. Proxy- and Timelineserver are two completely new words for me. I going to research both servers.

I’m going to clean and sort my problems for the first now. After doing this, I believe that I’ll be able to ask specifically for help on a single problem.
Regards, Mike.

Posted by Sunil Govind <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike

yarn.resourcemanager.webapp.address  is to configure Resource Manager Web
UI and you can access ResourceManager Web UI as "http://<host:port>". It