Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mike Zanker <mi...@zanker.org> on 2004/08/05 20:55:00 UTC

Re: Spamassassin 2.64 and SpamCopURI 0.21

On 05 August 2004 13:56 -0500 SAtalk Mail User <sa...@thebuc.com>
wrote:

> I have just upgraded to SpamAssassin 2.64, thanks to the help of this
> list, and I was going to install SpamCopURI, but the Makefile.PL
> states that I must be at Spamassassin 2.63.  I was wondering - since
> I have never installed or even thought about installing SpamCopURI
> before, (I know bad administration on my part), but is there a way
> that I can install SpamCopURI now that I am  at Spamassassin 2.64, or
> should I wait till Spamassassin 3.0 comes GA?

I just edited Makefile.PL to change the version to 2.64. Seems to work
fine.

Mike.

Re: Spamassassin 2.64 and SpamCopURI 0.21

Posted by Mike Zanker <mi...@zanker.org>.
On 05 August 2004 12:29 -0700 Kelson Vibber <ke...@speed.net> wrote:

> It looks like the solution is to apply diff-2.63 from the SpamCopURI
> source (as suggested by Chris Candreva in the 2.64 release thread) to
> the SpamAssassin source and reinstall SA.

OK, thanks, done that.

Mike.

Re: Spamassassin 2.64 and SpamCopURI 0.21

Posted by Kelson Vibber <ke...@speed.net>.
At 11:55 AM 8/5/2004, Mike Zanker wrote:
>On 05 August 2004 13:56 -0500 SAtalk Mail User <sa...@thebuc.com> wrote:
>is there a way
>>that I can install SpamCopURI now that I am  at Spamassassin 2.64, or
>>should I wait till Spamassassin 3.0 comes GA?
>
>I just edited Makefile.PL to change the version to 2.64. Seems to work fine.

SpamCopURI overwrites two SpamAssassin files (Conf.pm and PerMsgStatus.pm)
with pre-patched files... from 2.63.  That means you lose any changes made
to those files in 2.64.

It looks like the solution is to apply diff-2.63 from the SpamCopURI source
(as suggested by Chris Candreva in the 2.64 release thread) to
the SpamAssassin source and reinstall SA.  (Note that this will not install
the SpamCopURI.pm module, so you either need to install SCU first, then
patch-and-install SA, or copy the file manually to the appropriate Perl
directory.  Pick whichever seems easiest.)

Or, just wait until SpamCopURI 0.22 or 0.21a or something comes out with
support for 2.64.

Kelson Vibber