Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Iván de Prado <iv...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/03 18:10:32 UTC

build.xml change at commit

>>From my point of view, the commit 675805 wrongly introduces in the
pig-*-core.jar the classes from the libraries (junit-4.1.jar,
${hadoop.jarfile}, jsch-0.1.33.jar).

As was discussed in a previous mail
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-pig-user/200802.mbox/%3C1203093883.6584.28.camel@localhost%3E ) two different jar packages should be provided:

  - one that includes every single dependency into one big jar,
  - and another "core" jar without the dependencies, that would be used
by users for including in their projects as dependency when developing
UDFs.

The 675805 commit breaks the rule creating two similar jar files.

It would be better if we return to previous state before this commit.

Congratulations for your work,
Iván de Prado Alonso
www.ivanprado.es