Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Jia Zhai <zh...@apache.org> on 2017/12/11 09:51:51 UTC

[VOTE] Apache BookKeeper Release 4.6.0, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version
4.6.0, as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* Release notes [1]
* The official Apache source and binary distributions to be deployed
to dist.apache.org [2]
* All artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [3]
* Source code tag "release-4.6.0" [4]

BookKeeper's KEYS file contains PGP keys we used to sign this
release:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/bookkeeper/KEYS

Please download these packages and review this release candidate:

- Review release notes
- Download the source package (verify md5, shasum, and asc) and follow the
instructions to build and run the bookkeeper service.
- Download the binary package (verify md5, shasum, and asc) and follow the
instructions to run the bookkeeper service.
- Review maven repo, release tag, licenses, and any other things you think
it is important to a release.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Jia Zhai

[1] *https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/759
<https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/759>*
[2] *https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/bookkeeper/bookkeeper-4.6.0-rc1/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/bookkeeper/bookkeeper-4.6.0-rc1/>*
[3]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebookkeeper-1022/
[4] https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/tree/release-4.6.0

Re: [VOTE] Apache BookKeeper Release 4.6.0, release candidate #1

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

1) notices, licenses look good to me (I can be biased since I made that
change)
2) md5, signature look good
3) binary package looks good (run standalone)
4) source package looks good (compile, test and run standalone)
5) artifactory, tag look good

Environment: OSX

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.