Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2021/03/27 10:54:44 UTC

gradle task order with imported ant build

Hi Devs,

this is driving me nuts ... -.- ... as noted in Dominiks build, when importing the ant build the helpers need to be compiled before-hand.
But the solution in his script is not working. If I comment out the blocks and let it compile independently it works, but not in one go.

How can I configure the task 'ant-compile-ooxml-xsds' to run after (mustRunAfter) the task 'compileContrib'?

Andi

task compileContrib (type: JavaCompile){ source ="../excelant/src/poi-ant-contrib/java" include'*.java' exclude'Junit5Progress.java' classpath = configurations.antdep
     destinationDirectory = file('../excelant/build/poi-ant-contrib')
} // for now import the ant-task for building the jars from build.xml // we need to rename the tasks as e.g. task "jar" conflicts with :ooxml:jar ant.importBuild('../build.xml'){ antTargetName-> 'ant-' + antTargetName
} getByPath('ant-compile-ooxml-xsds').configure{ dependsOn'compileContrib' } compileJava.dependsOn'ant-compile-ooxml-xsds'

Re: gradle task order with imported ant build

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
I've tried it like this before, but to no avail:

compileJava.dependsOn'compileContrib' compileJava.dependsOn'ant-compile-ooxml-xsds'

or

compileJava.dependsOn'compileContrib','ant-compile-ooxml-xsds'

I'm just fixing the sonar build now and then commit the lot for you guys to fix the gradle build.