Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/04 19:29:22 UTC

meta-meta information in the POM (was Re: RequireMavenVersion failed)

On 5/3/07, A. Kevin Baynes <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Brian, you're right : there's a comment in the POM.xml also (found it
> later), so the developers did a good job of trying to warn me... No
> besmirchment of the Apache FTP team intended.

That's something I miss from maven: meta-meta data.

Often I take a decision that I will comment in the POM. E.g. the
reason why we choose a particular dependency version, etc... This
information is not available to the user nor the generated report,
forcing to read the POM.

It would be great if there was a way to comment any element in the POM
in such a way that these comments become available to the plugins.

Maybe something like: <node comment="">....</node> ?

Cheers,

Jerome