Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marcin Gurbisz <Ma...@pentacomp.com.pl> on 2004/07/05 13:41:10 UTC

downloading SNAPSHOT from remote repo

Why snapshot jar is always downloaded from remote repo owerwriting newer
version in local repository? Is it corect behaviour?
I haven't notice that in releases before rc4.
--
___________________________________
Marcin Gurbisz

Re: downloading SNAPSHOT from remote repo

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
when dIon said:
I think this has been fixed since the RC4 release
that means
I think this has been fixed *after* the RC4 release

ie, it was a bug, it is now fixed. Searching JIRA/the user and dev
mail archives will also show this.

- Brett

Posted by "Jefferson K. French" <je...@frenches.org>.
Marcin,

Brett is saying that the code doing the download has a bug where it
doesn't take the correct timezone into account when determining if the
remote JAR is newer or not. So no, it's not correct behavior.

Dion said he thinks it's fixed in CVS, so you could try grabbing the
latest source and building it.

  Jeff

mailto:jeff@frenches.org

Re: downloading SNAPSHOT from remote repo

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
We are currently debating the release. It should be in the next couple of days.

An alternative is to build from CVS (-r MAVEN-1_0-BRANCH), or roll back to RC3.

Cheers,
Brett

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.
--- Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> wrote:
> When will the fix for this bug be released?
>
> I am asking because I use snapshots in my
> environment along with
> automatic builds via CruiseControl.  Their is a 6
> hour window where the
> "deployed" snapshot will always override the
> "installed" snapshot.
> Depending on the release "schedule", I may need
> change my development
> procedure/environment to minimize the impact of this
> bug.
�
in my case it's even worse... I have ibiblio &
codehaus in remote repos, and use ( recompile myself!
)
pico/nano every day.

and maven keeps sucking pico jars from ibiblio, and
ibiblio hosts really stale snapshots...

BTW, does ibiblio rsynches to codehaus? It's kind of
uncool,because on codehaus projects there is so-called
damage control which rebuilds snapshots on every
commit...

regards,

=====
----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Zu Verst�rkung meines Teams suche ich ab Sofort einen
Softwareentwickler[In] f�r die Festanstellung.
Arbeitsort: Mainz
Skills:  Programieren, Kentnisse in OpenSource-Bereich
----[ http://www.pribluda.de ]------------------------

Re: downloading SNAPSHOT from remote repo

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
apologies for the many replies - gmail went kind of funky.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcin Gurbisz <Ma...@pentacomp.com.pl>.
This all is not clear for me.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.