Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Kiel <ki...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/03 03:51:49 UTC

Re: [RT] My Flex journey.

Greetings,

Thanks for JP in pointing out that I can chose from these 3 tools mainly:

     [1]http://www.adobe.com/products/flash-builder.html
<http://www.adobe.com/products/flash-builder.html>
     [2]http://fdt.powerflasher.com/
     [3]http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/

And Alain for the Eclipse + GWT Plugin also Nick for the Reference.

Having familiarized with the tools and idea around Flex technology.

Question:
What's the next step? Where to go from here?

Regards,

Kiel S. Sinfuego

Re: [RT] My Flex journey.

Posted by Kiel <ki...@gmail.com>.
Greetings,

On 4/4/2012 7:00 PM, Martin Heidegger wrote:
> Depends on the item/idea.
>
>   General Questions might go best on stackoverflow.
>   Questions related to flex go on this mailing list.
>   Put code ideas unrelated to Flex on github and your twitter accont ;)
>   Put code ideas related to Flex on github and on let us know with
> this mailinglist
>   You can discuss non-code ideas for flex in this mailinglist too.
>
> yours
> Martin.

Experiencing github was like...

For example my Idea on [Wiki] is
     Add `[Website] Discussion related to the Website`, this still needs
to be discussed in the mailing list.

Other:

While waiting for Mustella we are allowed to create any component we can
think of
     If we would like to create a component similar to github with the
id of `slider`.
     Does this go to [Jira] as Improvement?

During my search I stumbled upon away3D.
     If we were to integrate their existing components to Flex, adding
3D capabilities.
     This will be on [Proposal]?

Regards,

Kiel

Re: [RT] My Flex journey.

Posted by Martin Heidegger <mh...@leichtgewicht.at>.
On 04/04/2012 19:25, Kiel wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Still writing some Flex code.

awesome :)

Re: [RT] My Flex journey.

Posted by Kiel <ki...@gmail.com>.
Greetings,

Still writing some Flex code.

Question:
     In case I have some Items( Not Framework / Code ) or Ideas. That I
would like to add to the community.
     Where do I place this? Wiki or Apache Flex website?

Regards,
Kiel

Re: [RT] My Flex journey.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> What's the next step? Where to go from here?
Write some Flex code!

There a huge amount of resources out there. Here's a couepl to get you started:
- Adobe's Flex development centre [1] is a good place to start.
- Tour de Flex [2] is also a great resource that includes a large amount of sample code.
- If you looking for a book on Flex I'd recommend the "training form the source" Flex books while it a little out of day it a good step by step introduction to how to code in Flex. Try and get your hands on the Flex 4 or 4.5 version.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex.html
2. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/tourdeflex.html