Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by jale <jl...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/23 14:11:35 UTC

compiling with mingw on windows

Hi,

I've tried to compile qpid0.8 on windows with mingw 4.4 4.5 and 4.5.2 and it
has been imposible

I've tried with configure and cmake

Previously I've compiled the boost library with same compiler

./configure --with-sasl=no --with-ssl=no

I had several problems

Fixing some of them, appears more errors

I also tried to compile by hand with big problems

I want to compile with mingw, no with msvc because I want to use other
programs and libraries developed with gcc (and compiled with no problems on
mingw32)

Has anyone compiled it with mingw?

kind regards

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: compiling with mingw on windows

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
On 03/23/2011 09:11 AM, jale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to compile qpid0.8 on windows with mingw 4.4 4.5 and 4.5.2 and it
> has been imposible
>
> I've tried with configure and cmake
>

> Previously I've compiled the boost library with same compiler
>

> ./configure --with-sasl=no --with-ssl=no
>

> I had several problems
>
> Fixing some of them, appears more errors
>
> I also tried to compile by hand with big problems
>

> I want to compile with mingw, no with msvc because I want to use other
> programs and libraries developed with gcc (and compiled with no problems on
> mingw32)
>

> Has anyone compiled it with mingw?
>

> kind regards

Yes, qpid has been built for mingw32.  There are a number of problems
(as you discovered) with the code that cause problems with the mingw32
compiler.  The following issue contains a patch that addresses the
issues.  This is an ongoing effort.

I have divided the solution into three changes (not yet committed):

1) Basic code cleanup for the mingw32 compiler.
2) Changes to the way EXTERN is applied to classes, methods, and inline
methods (possibly needed for other reasons as well).
3) Some Windows-specific code changes.

I plan to put these up on the review board shortly.

-Ted

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org