Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jaybytez <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2011/01/11 02:11:46 UTC

Tar pom.xml dependencies - Maven Assembly Plugin?

Is the Maven Assembly Plugin the right way for me to define a pom.xml and be
able to tar up the jars that are labeled as a dependency?

The only way I know how to do this with my limited knowledge is to make the
pom.xml a war and allow the war to pull all the dependency jars into the
target directory and then tar those up.

Thanks for your help,

Jay Blanton

RE: Tar pom.xml dependencies - Maven Assembly Plugin?

Posted by khaido <kh...@impinj.com>.
If you are building an web application (war or ear)  then I would take a look at the maven-war-plugin and maven-ear-plugin.  Here's an example:

            <plugin>
                <configuration>
                                <archive>
                                                <manifest>
                                                                <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
                                                </manifest>
                                </archive>
                                <warSourceDirectory>
                                                ${basedir}/target/jwsc-generated/jws
                                </warSourceDirectory>
                                <webXml>${basedir}/src/main/webapp/web.xml</webXml>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

Re: Tar pom.xml dependencies - Maven Assembly Plugin?

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
It looks like you have a pom project, but have declared to use the project's
artifact. A pom project only have the pom artifact, so that might be the
reason of the error message. Try declaring useProjectArtifact as false.

/Anders

Posted by jaybytez <ja...@yahoo.com>.

xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly/1.1.0

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Yes, the assembly plugin is they way to do this. Declare the packaging as
"pom".
There are several examples at the plugin's homepage, or google for some live
ones.

/Anders