Posted to agila-user@incubator.apache.org by Amy Parsons <a....@pagelink.nl> on 2005/10/20 06:42:46 UTC

Changing from Twister to Agila

Hi,

I have been using Twister for a while now, and am looking to convert to
Agila BPEL. If i understand correctly at the moment Agila BPEL is only
available via sourcecode from SVN. Can anyone tell me when there will be a
more 'official' release of Agila BPEL in the form of a zip or some other
package? Where can i see a roadmap of the differences between Twister and
Agila BPEL?

One last question i have is does anyone have any documentation or schemas
for the database Twister uses?

Thanks in Advance,

Amy

Re: Changing from Twister to Agila

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amy,

First, sorry for the late reply, I've been quite busy for the pas few weeks
and had hard time to catch up.

You understood well, there's for the moment no release of Agila BPEL and no
release is planned either. Actually we're not supposed to release as long as
Agila is in the incubator (it's possible but quite unusual). But producing a
build from the source tree is quite easy if you have 20mn and follow our
Installation Guide located on the wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/agila/).

The migration form Twister to Agila BPEL should be pretty quick as well. If
you didn't develop any custom MessageBroker, there's actually nothing to do.
If you did, you'll only have to change the package names to
org.apache.agila.bpel.

There's no documentation of our database schema yet. But if you're willing
to spend some time to build one and contribute it to Agila BPEL I'd be very
happy to include it in the wiki for others.

Thanks a lot,

Matthieu Riou.