Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Thomas Nguyen <th...@ign.com> on 2010/11/23 01:26:27 UTC

Node Clustering in v0.6

Hello,

Is clustering available in the version 0.6 of the C++ broker?  The qpidd
binary does not recognize the "cluster-name" option and does not even
mention it in the --help doc.

RE: Node Clustering in v0.6

Posted by Thomas Nguyen <th...@ign.com>.
I am unable to find cluster.so anywhere in the source or the prefix
directories.  Can you point me in the right direction?

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On 11/30/2010 06:30 PM, Thomas Nguyen wrote:
> Okay so I'm running into a new problem when attempting to run the broker
> in a cluster.  Here is the message I am receiving:
>
> -bash-3.2$ ./qpidd --cluster-name test
> 2010-11-30 15:10:19 notice Initializing CPG
> 2010-11-30 15:10:19 critical Unexpected error: Failed to initialize
> CPG.: security (29)
>
> Anyone have any clue what this is about?  I already edited openais.conf
> and set the bindnetaddr to the logical AND of the inet addr and the mask
> of my network interface.  The interface has the MULTICAST flag set.  The
> firewall is not blocking the multicast port.  SELinux is disabled.

This is probably your group ID, try the checklist at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/starting-a-cluster.html

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Node Clustering in v0.6

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
Thomas,

You should look in the system logs to see if openais is logging any
helpful information.  Also, people on this list might be better able to
help you if you provide the content of your openais.conf file (don't use
an attachment, the Apache mail server strips them).

-Ted

RE: Node Clustering in v0.6

RE: Node Clustering in v0.6

Posted by Thomas Nguyen <th...@ign.com>.