Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Hema malini <nh...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/08 16:44:58 UTC

Re: Vertical scroll bar is missing in metron alerts ui

Hi Nick,

Please find the screen shot below. Though the configured nearly 8 columns ,
only few columns are shown up in the display. There is no scroll bar also
to check for the remaining columns. After checking the  code , found that ,
based on the display size , number of columns to be displayed are
calculated. Please let me know why it has been configured like that.
Planning to comment the code and redeploy . Please confirm whether it would
cause any issues.

Screenshot -
[image: image.png]

Code
-----------

File -
https://github.com/apache/metron/blob/master/metron-interface/metron-alerts/src/app/alerts/alerts-list/alerts-list.component.ts

calcColumnsToDisplay() {
let availableWidth = document.documentElement.clientWidth - (200 + (15 + 15
+ 25)); /* screenwidth - (navPaneWidth + (paddings))*/
availableWidth = availableWidth - ((20 * 3) + 55 + 25); /* availableWidth -
(score + colunSelectIcon +selectCheckbox )*/
let tWidth = 0;
this.alertsColumnsToDisplay = this.alertsColumns *//code to comment*
*.**filter(colMetaData
=> {*
* if (colMetaData.type.toUpperCase() === 'DATE') {*
* tWidth += 140;*
* } else if (colMetaData.type.toUpperCase() === 'IP') {*
* tWidth += 120;*
* } else if (colMetaData.type.toUpperCase() === 'BOOLEAN') {*
* tWidth += 50;*
* } else {*
* tWidth += 130;*
* }*