Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sagar Naik <sn...@attributor.com> on 2010/05/08 07:05:41 UTC

Force Delete

Hi,
I knw tht blocks are not deleted immediately.
However, Whenever I restart a datanode , it deletes all invalid blocks.

Is there any way tht I can force delete blocks invalid blocks

-Sagar

Re: Force Delete

Posted by Pablo Cingolani <pc...@tacner.com>.
If I I understand your question correctly, you can run "hadoop dfsadmin
-saveNamespace" on
your secondary namenode to force updates (which will be propagated to the
primary namenode
after completion). In order to do that you need to be in "safe mode" (by
running
"hadoop dfsadmin -safemode get").
I hope this helps...

    Pablo