Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Divya Gehlot <di...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/04 03:52:29 UTC

[Issue:]Getting null values for Numeric types while accessing hive tables (Registered on Hbase,created through Phoenix)

Hi,
I am registering hive table on Hbase

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE IF NOT EXISTS TEST(NAME STRING,AGE INT)
STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler'
WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ("hbase.columns.mapping" = ":key,0:AGE")
TBLPROPERTIES ("hbase.table.name" = "TEST",
                "hbase.mapred.output.outputtable" = "TEST");

When I am trying to access data I am getting null for age as its a numeric
field.

test.name test.age
John          null
Paul          null