Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Ameya Advankar <aa...@umail.iu.edu> on 2017/03/07 07:29:48 UTC

[#Spring17-Airavata-Courses] : Authentication and Authorization using open source Identity Server

Hello Airavata dev,

As a part of the Spring 17 course, We are working on implementing an open
source *Identity Server* which could be used to secure our Portals.
We have chosen *Keycloak* <http://www.keycloak.org> Identity Server for now
and we will be integrating it in the Django portal which is being worked on
simultaneously.

Keycloak conforms to the OpenID Connect specifications and so we can use
its Rest endpoints for authentication.
It also provides a Login page which can be configured and used for
Single-Sign On in less trusty portals.

The Github Issue
<https://github.com/airavata-courses/spring17-django-portal/issues/3> for
Identity Server implementation tracking.

Thanks & Regards,

Ameya Advankar
Masters in Computer Science,
Indiana University Bloomington