Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Paulo Simao <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/05 15:48:24 UTC

JMS free Impl

Hi Folks,
I have a small piece of code called Esperanto,  and I´d like to make a JMS
free impl of this. It already delivers Objects in broadcast over some
methods, and I think it could become JMS compliant with a small effort.

It is small and light to use, and have connectors for the following
delivering methods:
    Memory
    DashBoard( Using FileSystem)
    UDP(Multicasting)
    TCP(Directly, connctionfull).

My question is , does ASF already have a JMS impl? I think it could help
Geronimo Project.
If it does not, anyone here could help me writting a request for that
project?.
thankz
Paulo Simao

RE: JMS free Impl

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I have a small piece of code called Esperanto,  and I´d like to make a JMS
> free impl of this. It already delivers Objects in broadcast over some
> methods, and I think it could become JMS compliant with a small effort.

I know of several uses for this sort of thing, especially if "small and
light to use" includes high performance.  You mention that you support for
memory, file system, UDP amd TCP transports.  Do you support both NIO and
pre-NIO connections?  There could be uses for this in Geronimo (they will
need a fully-compliant JMS implementation), Directory and James.  Possibly
in Avalon Merlin if they want to use it to implement clustering.

Are you familar with http://somnifugi.sourceforge.net/?  I have had
discussions with the author, Dave Walend whom I am cc'ing, about lightweight
implementations stemming from discussions on JSR-166.  Somnifugi is nice,
but constrained to a single JVM.

	--- Noel

Re: JMS free Impl

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Probably best to mail to the geronimo list with the geronimo parts of
this, though some of the geronimo people are in jakarta.

I do have a todo to write 'simple-jms' which is a single-jvm, memory
implementation of the jms spec, but sounds like you've already got network
stuff in it, so more than I need.

Hen