Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Stefan Adamovsky <sp...@gmx.de> on 2006/10/13 11:59:40 UTC

newlines in Response (RegEx Extractor)

Hi
I need to extract some variables from the html code and have a little problem with newlines
-->class="wpsToolBarLink" href='(.+?)'<-- is my regular expression
the problem is that the part href='LINK' sometimes is in the next line
how is it possible to tell JMeter that there could be a newline?
I tried it with -->class="wpsToolBarLink" (?m)href='(.+?)'<-- but it seems that this is not successful

Best regards/Met vriendelijke Groet / Pozdrowienia

Stefan Adamovsky

Stefan Adamovsky
Testing and Integration Team

Hellmann Worldwide Logistics GmbH & Co. KG
DCC - Digital Community Center
Hafenstr. 11, 49090 Osnabrück, GERMANY
http://www.hellmann.net

RE: newlines in Response (RegEx Extractor)

Posted by R R <ra...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Hi,

You can try the solution

...snip..

You cannot ignore new-lines; all you can do is set the single-line
modifier (?s) which allows . to match new-line. However, any new-lines
that are matched will be included in the matched data

...snip...

I used the above solution for something similar and it worked a treat.