Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tom Burton-West <tb...@umich.edu> on 2012/11/02 22:30:03 UTC

Solr 4.0 error message: "Unsupported ContentType: Content-type:text/xml"

Hello all,

Trying to get Solr 4.0 up and running with a port of our production 3.6
schema and documents.

We are getting the following error message in the logs:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Unsupported ContentType:
Content-type:text/xml  Not in: [app
lication/xml, text/csv, text/json, application/csv, application/javabin,
text/xml, application/json]

We use exactly the same code without problem with Solr 3.6.

We are sending a ContentType 'text/xml'.

Is it likely that there is some other problem and this is just not quite
the right error message?

Tom

Re: Solr 4.0 error message: "Unsupported ContentType: Content-type:text/xml"

Posted by Tom Burton-West <tb...@umich.edu>.
Thanks Jack,

That is exactly the problem.  Apparently earlier versions of Solr ignored
the extra text, which is why we didn't catch the bug in our code earlier.

Thanks for the quick response.

Tom