Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/08 17:50:24 UTC

ApacheDS & MINA progress

Hi !

just to keep you in the loop, I'm still fighting with the new MINA
integration.

The latest test I conducted with MINA 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT is not conclusive,
with some of the server-integ tests stalling. The tests are all passing
- I'm positive on that - and that was not the case 2 weeks ago, but when
I run them all it times out.

I suspect we have some kind of thread pool starvation going on in MINA,
but it's hard to find out where it comes from.

OTOH, with MINA 2.1.6, I also experience some time out while running
tests (using Java 8).

--
*Emmanuel Lécharny - CTO* 205 Promenade des Anglais – 06200 NICE
T. +33 (0)4 89 97 36 50

Re: ApacheDS & MINA progress

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Regarding the failures in LDAP Client API tests, there are due to a race
condition:
- we store the root cause of the connection failure in the IoSession`
- sadly, the connection is closed before we can read this information

I guess we should not close the connectiion immediately when we have an
exception, but rather let the caller do it in case some exception occurred.

I'm investigating.

Re: ApacheDS & MINA progress

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.