Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by alters <ky...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/19 20:14:58 UTC

Changes to C# client in 5.2 ? Can't connect via STOMP...

We've historically used the 4.1.1 era c# client to connect to 4.1.1 brokers.
In a recent architecture review with our vendor (whom we connect to via
ActiveMQ), it was decided that we would experiment with the new 5.2 era c#
client connecting to a 5.2 broker to see if this improved our lives any. We
have lots of client crashes, weird re-connection issues where the broker
still thinks the client we killed is alive and so on.

So we went to download the latest c# client code via subversion. I
downloaded this as per the website
http://activemq.apache.org/nms/source.html on January 16th.  We had issues
building that solution, I got nant errors (I don't use Maven or Nant), but
then noticed that subversion had also downloaded DLL's, so we just tried
those: I opened up the solution for my queue client, removed the reference
to the old DLL and added the reference to the new DLL, then re-built. No
errors! So we're feeling pretty good.

However, when we went to actually connect to our server
(stomp://192.168.0.1:61616 or whatnot, same as always), we get the following
errors:

19/01/2009 1:36:08 PM WRN Transmitter.Setup:: The transport stomp is not
supported.
   at
Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Transport.TransportFactory.AddTransportFactory(String
scheme)
   at
Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.Transport.TransportFactory.findTransportFactory(Uri
location)
   at Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(String
userName, String password)
   at FAInterface.Transmitter.Setup_R()

This seems to be a client code issue as if we use our old DLL we can connect
to both 4.1 and 5.2 brokers.  What are we missing?

Re: Changes to C# client in 5.2 ? Can't connect via STOMP...

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
I entered a JIRA (https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQNET-138).

Before I dig into the code, would you ensure that the config files have been
copied into the same directory as the NMS files.  For every protocol, you
will need the corresponding config files.  Following are the basic
configuration filenames:

nmsprovider-activemq.config
nmsprovider-stomp.config
nmsprovider-tcp.config

These files are provider specific, and are located in the subversion
directories that you checked out.  They are located in several directories,
but you should be able to find them in the same deploy directory in which
you found the NMS assemblies you are using.  These config files must be
copied with the NMS assemblies.  Let me know if the config files are the
problem or not, and I can determine the best course of action with the JIRA.

- Jim

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the delay....

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

--
Tim Bish
http://fusesource.com

Re: Changes to C# client in 5.2 ? Can't connect via STOMP...

Posted by alters <ky...@gmail.com>.

Posted by alters <ky...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.