Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Anthony Elder <an...@uk.ibm.com> on 2002/09/30 13:53:19 UTC

[axis] WSDL2Java enhancements for WSIF

In WSIF we use the AXIS WSDL2Java tool to generate the interfaces and
complex type classes that WSIF requires.

Currently WSDL2Java will always also generate the stub classes that WSIF
does not require, and also when using WSDL that includes some of the WSIF
specific bindings WSDL2Java will abend. This isn't a problem as the abend
happens after the classes WSIF requires have been written out, and its easy
enough to delete the stubs WSIF doesn't use, but it would be nice from the
WSIF perspective if WSDL2Java had a parameter which said to only to
generate the WSIF required classes.

If we made this change, say adding a -w switch to WSDL2Java and all the
other associated changes to do this, would this be considered for adding to
the standard AXIS WSDL2Java?

       ...ant

Anthony Elder
ant.elder@uk.ibm.com