Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Harvinder Singh <ha...@mindtree.com> on 2002/09/03 13:48:39 UTC

Digestor help needed

Hi,
I want to use Digestor to get an object view of an XML file. Could anybody
tell me if there is a tutorial available.

Re: Digestor help needed

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi

(i might be a bit confused but i think this is what you want to know...)

we don't have a tutorial as such as the moment. (maybe you'd like to
contribute one...once you know how digester works, of course!)

digester's documentation is contained in the java docs (in the package
description for org.apache.commons.digester).

if you get hold of the source distribution, digester comes with an example
digestion. the package org.apache.commons.digester.rss contains classes
that map rich site summary xml to an object model. hopefully, this should
get you started. if you have access to cvs then the unit test cases have
an example of these classes in use.

if you have any problems, then just ask...

- robert