Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Sebastian Hoehn <se...@palando.de> on 2002/09/27 11:11:42 UTC

Business Logic Howto

Hi,
first of all thanks for the help with mit config problem. The cache
seems to overwrite the config files if jetspeed is reloaded. That should
be in the docs, where these files are explained.

Jetspeed now works fine, but I have two more questions:
When I build my portal I do, of course, need some business logic. Is it
better to write pull services, that do all the task or should I use
Enterprise Java Beans, that do the tasks for the pull service?

The second question: Did someone try out JBoss, Jetspeed and mysql? My
war file works great in Tomcat, but I cannot deploy it in JBoss. Tried
everything I could find on the list. I created an ear file with an
application.xml, it didn't work either. Do I need some special
application.xml? The error I get is the same as Tomcat produces if it
does not have mm.mysql.jar. But I did copy it to every lib dir of
JBosss, and it is in the WEB-INF/lib of Jetspeed (Tomcat works with
that).

Sorry for the lengthy mail, hope someone can help!

--
Sebastian Höhn
Hessenbachstr. 33a

0821-5214587

Re: Business Logic Howto

Posted by Sebastian Hoehn <se...@palando.de>.
Found the first solution by myself:
	to deploy jetspeed on JBoss, you need to fill in the
	class-path: ... in the .war/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file
	then it runs!

Am Fre, 2002-09-27 um 11.11 schrieb Sebastian Hoehn:
> Hi,
> first of all thanks for the help with mit config problem. The cache
> seems to overwrite the config files if jetspeed is reloaded. That should
> be in the docs, where these files are explained.
>
> Jetspeed now works fine, but I have two more questions:
> When I build my portal I do, of course, need some business logic. Is it
> better to write pull services, that do all the task or should I use
> Enterprise Java Beans, that do the tasks for the pull service?
>
> The second question: Did someone try out JBoss, Jetspeed and mysql? My
> war file works great in Tomcat, but I cannot deploy it in JBoss. Tried
> everything I could find on the list. I created an ear file with an
> application.xml, it didn't work either. Do I need some special
> application.xml? The error I get is the same as Tomcat produces if it
> does not have mm.mysql.jar. But I did copy it to every lib dir of
> JBosss, and it is in the WEB-INF/lib of Jetspeed (Tomcat works with
> that).
>
> Sorry for the lengthy mail, hope someone can help!
>
> --
> Sebastian Höhn
> Hessenbachstr. 33a
> 86157 Augsburg