Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Patrick Herber <pa...@arpage.ch> on 2004/12/29 17:10:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.0.52 on Windows - SSI with non UTF-8 Query String

Hi,
I'm using Apache 2.0.52 on a Windows 2003 Server and I'm having some
trouble passing non UTF-8 characters als query string inside a server side
include.

For example, I have the following page (http://localhost/test.shtml):

<head>
<title>Test</title>
</head>
<!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/printenv.pl?$QUERY_STRING" -->

If I call this page without parameters, or with simple parameters
(containing only UTF-8 characters), for example

http://localhost/test.shtml?query=nice

then I get the expected result (the printenv.pl output inside my page).

However, if I call the same page with some non UTF-8 characters (I live in
Switzerland and therefore it will often happens), for example

http://localhost:8080/test.shtml?query=schön

oder "URL-Encoded"

http://localhost:8080/test.shtml?query=sch%F6n

then I get the error message "[an error occurred while processing this
directive]".

For your Info:
- In my httpd.conf file I have: AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1
- The same script used to work with Apache 1.3

What could be the problem?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards,
Patrick