Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Marieke Vandamme <ma...@tvh.be> on 2011/07/11 10:16:51 UTC

Use html from url as markup

Hello,

Is it possible to use html from an url as Markup-code for a WebPage?
I thought of doing something like this:

/public class MarkupTestPage extends WebPage implements
IMarkupResourceStreamProvider {

    public MarkupTestPage(){
    }

    public IResourceStream getMarkupResourceStream(MarkupContainer mc,
Class<?> type) {
          return new UrlResourceStream(new
URL("http://myserver.tvh.com/test.html"));
    }
}/

This works, but I want to use this as parent html, and include the html from
<wicket:head> and <wicket:extend> tags inside my MarkupTestPage.html.
My html returned from location http://myserver.tvh.com/test.html has a
<wicket:child/> tag inside.
So somehow before returning the UrlResourceStream, it should be merged.

Thanks for any help! Kind regards, Marieke Vandamme

Re: Use html from url as markup

Posted by Marieke Vandamme <ma...@tvh.be>.
I think that the html from the page is just rendered through the
UrlResourceStream, and that this one clears the non-html standard tags like
<wicket:child/>. Then the child-page tries to put the code between this
wicket:child-tags, but they are lost. Is that possible?

Thanks again for any help! Kind Regards, Marieke Vandamme

Re: Use html from url as markup

Posted by Marieke Vandamme <ma...@tvh.be>.
I've tried,
but only getting the html from the parent page. What's between
<wicket:extend>-tags is'nt on it...

Re: Use html from url as markup

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Create a base page which includes its html from URL and a child page
which has <wicket:head> and <wicket:extend/>. And grand-child page if
needed.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Marieke Vandamme
<ma...@tvh.be> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to use html from an url as Markup-code for a WebPage?
> I thought of doing something like this:
>
> /public class MarkupTestPage extends WebPage implements
> IMarkupResourceStreamProvider {
>
>    public MarkupTestPage(){
>    }
>
>    public IResourceStream getMarkupResourceStream(MarkupContainer mc,
> Class<?> type) {
>          return new UrlResourceStream(new
> URL("http://myserver.tvh.com/test.html"));
>    }
> }/
>
> This works, but I want to use this as parent html, and include the html from
> <wicket:head> and <wicket:extend> tags inside my MarkupTestPage.html.
> My html returned from location http://myserver.tvh.com/test.html has a
> <wicket:child/> tag inside.
> So somehow before returning the UrlResourceStream, it should be merged.
>
> Thanks for any help! Kind regards, Marieke Vandamme

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com