Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by Vibhatha Abeykoon <vi...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/03 20:22:49 UTC

Using Both C++ and Cython APIs in Arrow

Hello,

I have a question related to packaging an API written by using both C++ API
and Cython API of Arrow.

For now what I do is, build Arrow from source to generate both libarrow.so
and libarrow_python.so. When using the library, I have to point the
installed *.so using the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. But when packaging the project, I
am not quite sure whether this is the correct approach. For instance when
generating a pip package, this workflow is not a good solution.

Any comments and suggestions?

With Regards,
Vibhatha Abeykoon,