Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> on 2002/11/27 16:33:16 UTC

Re: New problems making mod_perl run: Apache/2.0.43 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_07-dev Perl/v5.8.0

On 27 Nov 2002, Juan Julian Merelo Guervos wrote:

> Hi,
> 	Well, looks like I've managed to make this server run
> (thanks for your help), and looks like, in this case, mod_cgi
> is working (unlike the one shipped with RH 8.0). Now I'm trying
> to make HTML::Mason work with this configuration. I have
> downloaded HTML::Mason 1.15, and force-compiled it. This one
> requires libapreq, which I haven't been able to compile, since
> it requires Apache::MyConfig . That's supposed to be in the old
> version of mod_perl, right? So, the only way to have
> HTML::Mason working is to have both things working at the same
> time? Any other option? Has anybody made HTML::Mason work with
> this prerrelease of mod_perl?

At the moment libapreq hasn't been ported to mod_perl-2, but
that's being worked on. The mason mailing list archives (see
http://www.masonhq.com/) contain discussions of using Mason and
mod_perl-2. Apparently the requirement of libapreq can be ignored
if you use CGI as a value for "args_method". There's some other
mod_perl-1 stuff used in Mason related to constants and such;
these can be handled either by some simple changes to Mason
modules and/or through mod_perl-2's compatibility mode.

--
best regards,
randy kobes