Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Donald F. Caruana" <do...@caruana.org> on 2006/06/29 02:13:39 UTC

Setting bayes directory on Windows

Is anyone running on Windows (server 2003) and been able to get
bayes_path and auto_whitelist_path to work properly? I can't get either
to do anything for me. I've tried short names, no spaces, etc. Nothing
seems to work. If I'm logged on it uses the administrator folder (under
Documents and Settings) and if it's running on its own, it uses the
Default User. I'm using 3.1.3.

Thanks,
Don

RE: Setting bayes directory on Windows

Posted by Bret Miller <br...@wcg.org>.
> Is anyone running on Windows (server 2003) and been able to get
> bayes_path and auto_whitelist_path to work properly? I can't get
either
> to do anything for me. I've tried short names, no spaces, etc. Nothing
> seems to work. If I'm logged on it uses the administrator folder
(under
> Documents and Settings) and if it's running on its own, it uses the
> Default User. I'm using 3.1.3.

I'm running on Windows Server 2003 and had it working fine before I
switched to MS SQL (MSDE). I had:

#auto_whitelist_path
D:/MailSrv/Data/Settings/SpamAssassin/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist
#bayes_path
D:/MailSrv/Data/Settings/SpamAssassin/.spamassassin/bayes

(now commented out)

I note that there are no spaces in the name. If you have spaces, you may
need to convert it to 8.3 short name format to get it to work. Also note
the direction of the slashes.

Bret