Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch> on 2012/04/16 10:46:12 UTC

IndexWriteConfig ignored?

We limit the memory consumption of our IndexWriters by setting RAMBufferSizeMB to 5MB (IndexWriterConfig.setRAMBufferSizeMB).
Inspecting a heapdump unveils that I still have writers wich consume/retain more than 35MB!
How come?
Any help/advice appreciated
Clemens

AW: IndexWriteConfig ignored?

Posted by Clemens Wyss <cl...@mysign.ch>.
No nrt-reader opened.

My heapdump says that the freeCharBlocks-member of DocumentsWriter is holding >20MB. I must say that I keep the IndexWriter open "forever", which (memorywise) does not seem to be "optimal".

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.