Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Chris Greening <ch...@actix.com> on 2004/10/05 18:30:48 UTC

selectSingleNode and selectNodes in the COM interface

I know this has been asked before. But is anyone looking at adding an
implementation for these two functions to the COM wrapper?

If it's not currently being looked at then I wouldn't mind spending some
time looking at what needs to be done.

Regards
Chris.

Re: selectSingleNode and selectNodes in the COM interface

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@progress.com>.
Hi Chris,
the issue is that the two methods accept an arbitrary XPath syntax, while
Xerces has just the minimal XPath support that XMLSchema uses to identify
duplicate nodes (maybe this is what you need...)
The only solution I see would be to build xml4com against both Xerces and
Pathan (an open source XPath engine - see
http://software.decisionsoft.com/pathanIntro.html). Even if this is more a
hack, as Pathan should be used to implement the DOMDocument::evaluate
method from DOML3...

BTW, who else is using the COM wrapper? Given the number of bugs that have
been entered against it, I always thought there are very few users.

Alberto