Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by PopeKetric <cb...@musiciansfriend.com> on 2008/04/01 20:59:27 UTC

Servicemix Tutorial Error (in 2.4 Creating the SA)

Hi.

I'm having some trouble getting through the service mix tutorial. At the 2.4
step where you create the SA I get this:

[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.servicemix.tooling
ArtifactId: servicemix-service-assembly
Version: RELEASE

Reason: Unable to determine the release version

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.servicemix.tooling
-DartifactId=servicemix-service-assembly \
        -Dversion=RELEASE -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  org.apache.servicemix.tooling:servicemix-service-assembly:jar:RELEASE

The jar file exists in the  ~/.m2 repsoitory, but for some reason it won't
resolve it.

--Chris

Re: Servicemix Tutorial Error (in 2.4 Creating the SA)

Posted by Lars Heinemann <la...@compart.net>.
You can specify the version of the maven archetype to use by adding the parameter: -DarchetypeVersion=<your smx version>

For further information have a look here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-creating-archetypes.html

Regards
Lars