Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gianluca Morello <mo...@S1.my-tv.it> on 2003/11/06 18:06:42 UTC

Re: [HELP]: How to set xml encoding? SourceWritingTransformer

Hallo Jelle,

My serializers map is like this:

 <map:serializers default="html">
    <map:serializer name="xml-iso" mime-type="text/xml" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
                <encoding>ISO-8859-1</encoding>
    </map:serializer>
  </map:serializers>

And using the following pipeline the xml output encoding is correct!

<map:generate src="input.xml"/>
 <map:transform src="simple.xsl"/>
 <map:serialize type="xml-iso"/>

Thank you for your help.

I still have problems with encoding because i have to write xml to file system:
I'm using SourceWritingTransformer and my real pipeline is like the following:

<map:generate src="input.xml"/>
 <map:transform src="simple.xsl"/>
 <map:transform type="tofile"/>
 <map:serialize type="xml-iso"/>

My transformers map is:

<map:transformer     name="tofile"     src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.SourceWritingTransformer">
         <!-- 'xml' is the default Serializer (if your Source needs one, like for instance FileSource) -->
         <map:parameter name="serializer" value="xml-iso"/>
</map:transformer>

The output files continue to have the encoding set to utf-8

Any idea?

Thank you

Gianluca