Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anna Afonchenko <an...@ubaccess.com> on 2003/02/06 11:06:08 UTC

Location of cocoon webapp on server

Hi all.

We have our web app under CATALINA_HOME/webapps/cocoon/ub

which can be accessed on the webserver by http://domain.name:8080/cocoon/ub/*

However, we want to put the ub directory under /home/cocoon/ub and to access it by http://domain.name/ub/*

We can move the directory to /home/cocoon/ub, and therefore not under webapps/cocoon and call it by using a sub sitemap with the URL http://domain.name:8080/cocoon/ub/*

But how do we lose the :8080/cocoon from the request URL?

We are using apache 1.1 and the latest tomcat and cocoon and the jk1 bridge between tomcat and apache.  The system is a linux box.

I can modify the workers.properties file so that it mounts http://domain.name/ub to tomcat and then put a symbolic link in the tomcat web-apps directory to /home/cocoon/ub but this is both an ugly and not very stable solution.

Thank you very much for your help

Anna Afonchenko and Spencer Bruce

Re: Location of cocoon webapp on server

Posted by Jonathan Patrick Freeman <jo...@jonathanpatrick.com>.
Hussayn, the samples look really good, I'll check them out this evening. I
realize now that cocoon has more hooks than I original thought. I'd be
interested in (perhaps others) seeing a tutorial on the following URL
example with just Tomcat and Cocoon:

From:
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/myapp/index.html

To:
http://localhost/index.html

Thank you for your help,
Jonathan

And that's good to know about Tomcat 4.1.16++ by the way.

Posted by SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <da...@saxess.com>.