Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/06/03 12:46:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Ranger 0.5.0 (incubating) - release candidate 3 (dev group vote)

All:

As another blocker bug (RANGER-525<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-525>) was fixed today, I have included recent fixes for the Ranger Release 0.5.0 (incubating) - Release Candidate # 3:

The ranger-0.5.0-rc3 release candidate is build from ranger-0.5 branch and is available with the following artifacts up for a project vote:

Git tag for the release:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ranger.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/ranger-0.5.0-rc3

Source release:
http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/ranger/ranger-0.5.0-rc3/ranger-0.5.0.tar.gz

PGP Signature:
http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/ranger/ranger-0.5.0-rc3/ranger-0.5.0.tar.gz.asc

MD5/SHA hash:

http://people.apache.org/~sneethir/ranger/ranger-0.5.0-rc3/ranger-0.5.0.tar.gz.mds

Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at: https://people.apache.org/keys/group/ranger.asc

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of votes is reached.
 [   ] +1  approve
 [   ] +0  no opinion
 [   ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Here is my +1 (binding)

Thanks
Selva-

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ranger 0.5.0 (incubating) - release candidate 3 (dev group vote)

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
+1 on releasing 0.5.0

I agree with Dilli that we need to address some of the open issues soon. I
understand, during our current stage of development, open bugs will be
always a moving target. So can I suggest that we have an early follow up
0.5.1 release with the open and any new critical issues?

Thanks

Bosco

Posted by Velmurugan Periasamy <vp...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Posted by Dilli Arumugam <da...@hortonworks.com>.
+0

Posted by Gautam Borad <gb...@gmail.com>.
+1

wrote:

> Selva,
> Just wanted to bring them to attention.
> I leave the decision to your judgment as release manager.
> Thanks
> Dilli
>
> On 6/5/15 10:43 PM, "Selvamohan Neethiraj" <sn...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> >Dilli:
> >
> >I understand that some of these fixes needs to be covered in the release.
> >Can we add them in 0.5.1 release (soon after 0.5.0) ?
> >

> >Thanks,
> >Selva-
> >
> >From:  Dilli Arumugam <da...@hortonworks.com>
> >Date:  Saturday, June 6, 2015 at 1:38 AM
> >To:  "dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org" <de...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>
> >Subject:  Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ranger 0.5.0 (incubating) - release
> >candidate 3 (dev group vote)
> >
> >Reviewed the Jiras fixed in 0.5, after RANGER-525.
> >Some of the fixes that have gone in after RANGER-525 look important.
> >
> >E.g
> >https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-530
> >
> >Access-type "all" should imply rest of the permissions in Hive
> >

> >https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-531
> >
> >Legacy plugins unable to download policies
> >

> >https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-532
> >
> >Storm Plugin Installation failed with error NoClassDefFoundError
> >

> >https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-533
> >
> >Hbase plugin: if user does not have family-level access to any family in a
> >table then user may be incorrectly denied access done at table/family
> >level during get or scan (patch available)
> >

> >https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-534
> >
> >Upgrade does not migrate some policies
> >

> >Would it be appropriate to have another release candidate?
> >Thanks
> >Dilli
> >
> >On 6/5/15 10:28 PM, "Ramesh Mani" <rm...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> >

> >> +1
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Ramesh

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ranger.git;a=shortlo

> .

> .

> .

Gautam.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ranger 0.5.0 (incubating) - release candidate 3 (dev group vote)

Posted by Dilli Arumugam <da...@hortonworks.com>.
Selva,

From:  Dilli Arumugam <da...@hortonworks.com>
Date:  Saturday, June 6, 2015 at 1:38 AM
To:  "dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org" <de...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ranger 0.5.0 (incubating) - release

Posted by Dilli Arumugam <da...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Ramesh Mani <rm...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Posted by Alok Lal <al...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

From: Madhan Neethiraj <mn...@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Friday, June 5, 2015 at 10:22 PM
To: "dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org<ma...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Ranger 0.5.0 (incubating) - release candidate 3 (dev group vote)

+1

From: Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, June 4, 2015 at 9:21 AM
To: "dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org<ma...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>>

+1.  Checked signatures, RELEASE, NOTICE, and DISCLAIMER files, checked for binaries in the distribution, ran a rat check, and did the build described in the README.

Alan.

[cid:part1.06000902.03060003@gmail.com]
Selvamohan Neethiraj<ma...@hortonworks.com>
June 3, 2015 at 3:46
All:

As another blocker bug (RANGER-525<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-525><https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-525>) was fixed today, I have included recent fixes for the Ranger Release 0.5.0 (incubating) - Release Candidate # 3:

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.