Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jim stafford <jc...@apl.jhu.edu> on 2006/09/01 00:36:37 UTC

getting bash complete to echo mvn -D args

Takashi.

I tried this and it worked; almost. I assume you have to manually edit
the script to add the commands you care about. There is no magical way
to inspect the plugins available to the current pom.xml and kick out a
list of their targets; right?

I'm fine with editing the script (do you have a more fully populated
one?). However, beyond the <plugin>:<target> functionality, how did you
get -D arguments working for your blog entry?

$ mvn archetype:create <TAB>-D<TAB>
-DarchetypeArtifactId=
-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-archetype
-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-j2ee-simple

thanks,
jim

Re: getting bash complete to echo mvn -D args

Posted by Takashi Nishigaya <Ta...@Sun.COM>.
hi jim,

now, CCed maven users list.

 > worked! I am using Suse 10.0 and bash 3.0-17.

It's good to hear that!
To wrap up this issue, could you tell me what version of bash does not work?
I want to share with other people, the information about this limitation
of this script.

thanks,
Takashi Nishigaya

Posted by jim stafford <jc...@apl.jhu.edu>.