Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Chris Schmidt <cs...@prospricing.com> on 2008/06/06 22:04:05 UTC

Generation of XmlBean source for pre-existing source

  I had an issue a few months back where I couldn't get the xsi:type
attribute added to an extended element that I created.  I eventually was
able to work around it but it seems like I'm getting the same problem,
and I think it is because duplicate .xsb files are being created for my
elements.

  I have two xsds.  One has been compiled by XmlBeans and added to a jar
that another subsystem uses.  A second .xsd file imports the first and
extends an element defined in it.  When I run the ant xmlbean target on
the second .xsd, the elements in the first .xsd are created again
because of the import (I think).  I've added to the classpath the jar
that was created containing the first .xsd's classes, but the files get
created anyway.  I think that the duplicate .xsb files are causing the
type system within XmlBeans to get confused and not work properly.  Is
there a resource online that better describes how to use XmlBeans in
this type of scenario?  Is it expected/assumed that all .xsds will be
created at the same time?  At the very least, is there some way that I
can keep the imported .xsd file from getting regenerated, either through
an xsdconfig file or a parameter within the ant target?

Thanks,

 Chris Schmidt