Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2003/11/14 05:23:10 UTC

[math] CVS History

Unfortunately, the way I moved us out of the sandbox (Based on the
directions in the Wiki) didn't maintain historical information about the
files. I want to attempt to fix this by making some modifications in the
cvs tree. I would like to complete the following steps directly on the
cvs tree in the file system on cvs.apache.org.

1.) Back up both the jakarta-commons/math and
jakarta-commons-sandbox/math cvs trees to tar balls.

2.) remove the contents of jakarta-commons/math and physically move the
contents of jakarta-commons-sandbox/math into jakarta-commons/math

3.) reapply the first import and last 16 commits to the
jakarta-commons/math cvs tree

I believe this should bring over the historical information. If it
doesn't I will return the directories to their current state by
replacing them with the contents of the backup and seek an alternate
solution. Any thoughts?

-Mark

Re: [math] CVS History

Posted by John Keyes <jb...@mac.com>.
> I believe this should bring over the historical information. If it
> doesn't I will return the directories to their current state by
> replacing them with the contents of the backup and seek an alternate
> solution. Any thoughts?
This should be pretty straight forward so there should be no
reason why you should not do this.

-John K