Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Wannheden, Knut" <kn...@paranor.ch> on 2003/03/04 09:27:35 UTC

[jelly] howto setup eclipse for jelly development?

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could provide some easy instructions on how to
best set up Eclipse for development on the Jelly project.

I suppose the first step is to check out Jelly as a Java project from CVS.
This part is quite easy.

The next step is probably to setup the project classpath using the Maven
definitions, which is very well explained in
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/stories/2003/02/12/usingEclipseAndMaven.htm
l.

Now comes the harder part: Now that Jelly has been modularized into the core
and the individual tag libraries (all as individual Maven projects) I don't
know how to best map these to Eclipse projects.  Should I create a single
Java project for everything?  Or should I create individual projects for the
tag libraries?  For the former to work, I assume I will have to setup the
classpath and sourcepath manually, which isn't very elegant.  And for the
latter to work I assume I will somehow have to use a different root
directory for the Jelly core project as projects can't be nested in Eclipse.
Also I guess I'd have to setup the project dependencies manually.

Hopefully there's a much easier solution altogether! :-)

Cheers,

--
knut

Re: [jelly] howto setup eclipse for jelly development?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
 From: "Wannheden, Knut" <kn...@paranor.ch>
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if someone could provide some easy instructions on how to
> best set up Eclipse for development on the Jelly project.
>
> I suppose the first step is to check out Jelly as a Java project from CVS.
> This part is quite easy.
>
> The next step is probably to setup the project classpath using the Maven
> definitions, which is very well explained in

http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/stories/2003/02/12/usingEclipseAndMaven.htm
> l.
>
> Now comes the harder part: Now that Jelly has been modularized into the
core
> and the individual tag libraries (all as individual Maven projects) I
don't
> know how to best map these to Eclipse projects.  Should I create a single
> Java project for everything?  Or should I create individual projects for
the
> tag libraries?  For the former to work, I assume I will have to setup the
> classpath and sourcepath manually, which isn't very elegant.  And for the
> latter to work I assume I will somehow have to use a different root
> directory for the Jelly core project as projects can't be nested in
Eclipse.
> Also I guess I'd have to setup the project dependencies manually.
>
> Hopefully there's a much easier solution altogether! :-)

What I've been doing locally is to add all the source directories for each
library I'm working on to the project along with manually adding any extra
jar dependencies. So I have a single project with all the source code for
Jelly in there, divided into java & test directories for each library. Then
I get the benefit of eclipse compile checking if I change something in
Jelly's core etc.

It'd be nice to patch the eclipse plugin for Maven to do this automatically.
The same thing could be used to generate the eclipse project for Maven
itself; it has a similar issue of lots of sub-projects (plugins) that it'd
be nice to include in the same large project.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

OJB - Connectivity with Oracle in Tomcat 4.0

Posted by sadik <sa...@spectrum-bd.com>.
Hi guys,
Here is the scenario
* OS: Windows 2000 Professional
* Database: Oracle 8i
* JDBC Driver: Oracle's
* API: PersistancBroker
* Context: Tomcat 4.0

While loading the application, I get an exception stating ...

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0.4
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.4
[BOOT] INFO: OJB.properties:
file:D:/Program/Tomcat4.0/webapps/beer4all-eel/WEB-INF/classes/OJB.prope
rties
[DEFAULT] INFO: OJB Descriptor Repository:
file:D:/Program/Tomcat4.0/webapps/beer4all-eel/WEB-INF/classes/repositor
y.xml
[DEFAULT] INFO: ...Finished parsing
[DEFAULT] INFO: problems with platform
org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformORACLEImpl:
org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformORACLEImpl
[DEFAULT] INFO: OJB will use PlatformDefaultImpl instead
[org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccess] ERROR: SQLException
during the execution of the query: ORA-00911: invalid character

ORA-00911: invalid character

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00911: invalid character

        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java)

But when I use MYSQL, it works quite fine.

Any idea?

Regards,

Wahid Sadik
PROGRAMMER,