Posted to users@apex.apache.org by Jaikit Jilka <jj...@leadferret.com> on 2016/11/10 21:09:11 UTC

SimpleSingleInputOperator

Hello,

I created an operator which extends SimlpeSingleInputOperator. I read .json files using this operator. But this operator does not read files continously i.e. it won't read files that are being downloaded in a particular folder in real time. So how do I make the operator read files as and when they are downloaded in the folder.

Thank you,

Jaikit Jilka

Re: SimpleSingleInputOperator

Posted by Sanjay Pujare <sa...@datatorrent.com>.
You might be aware of com.datatorrent.lib.io.fs.AbstractFileInputOperator<T>  whose description says

This is the base implementation of a directory input operator, which scans a directory for files.
 * Files are then read and split into tuples, which are emitted.

Does this work for you? You can then feed that into a JsonParser.