Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com> on 2013/11/09 20:35:22 UTC

Android Maven Plugin 3.8.0 released

The Android Maven Plugin team is pleased to announce the release of
version 3.8.0 of the plugin.

This release marks a change in the plugin since we now require Apache
Maven 3.1.1 (or higher).

New features/bug fixes are

- Migrated to require Apache Maven 3.1.1 or higher
- Updated to builder library 0.6.3
- Fix for har file access in MakefileHelper?
- Maven 3.1.1 deployment as part of travis build
- Usage of SDK constants instead of hardcoding classes.jar
- Create R file for AARs
- Support --incremental on dex
- Further improvements towards support for aar consumption (still not
fully working)

When upgrading please ensure to check the change log for further details:

http://code.google.com/p/maven-android-plugin/wiki/Changelog

We would like to thank the contributors to this release for their valuable
help and invite you all to help us out as well:

Specifically for this release we would like to thank the following
contributors for their awesome work.

Benoit Billington https://github.com/Shusshu
Jaime Soriano Pastor https://github.com/jsoriano
Manfred Moser http://www.simpligility.com
Johan Lindquist https://github.com/johanlindquist
Mykola Nikishov https://manandbytes.wordpress.com/

Documentation, issue tracker and more can be found on the plugin website at

http://code.google.com/p/maven-android-plugin/

For a primer to use the plugin check out the Android Development chapter
in Maven: The Complete Reference

http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/android-dev.html

And checkout the plugin documentation at

http://jayway.github.io/maven-android-plugin/

Please join the Maven Android Mailing List for relevant discussions:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/maven-android-developers

Enjoy

Manfred Moser
http://www.simpligility.com