Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> on 2006/04/16 09:55:29 UTC

[jelly] Re: Jelly to use new Jexl ?

I have to say that I'd rather say it's good for jelly to have these
features available.
Loops shouldn't be a poblem.

As for assignments, as far as I know, jelly always makes the context as
a member so that assignment is not disabled. It could be an issue to
folks who clear the context variable of the context.
Does anyone do so ?

paul

Re: [jelly] Re: Jelly to use new Jexl ?

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Possible, yes.

Assignment in Jexl 1.0 is legal, parsed successfully, but does nothing.

On 4/19/06, Hans Gilde <hg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> JSP has multiple ways to do variable assignment (similar to using tags
> versus Jexl) and people seem to handle picking the right one.
>
> Would it be possible, though, to break some existing code that
> accidentally
> has an assignment that is not currently processed? From a couple of tests,
> it doesn't seem to me that this would be a problem.

Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light. Not because Chuck Norris is afraid
of the dark, but because the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris

Re: [jelly] Re: Jelly to use new Jexl ?

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
okay by me, I was just making sure that we all understood what the latest
Jexl brings.